Google Search Console
Optimizing your website from an SEO perspective, starts with monitoring and evaluating your website’s performance. From this data, optimizing a Web site begins. One tool used for this purpose is Google Search Console. In this article, we explain what the tool entails and its benefits for SEO.
What is it?
Google Search Console is a free service offered by Google. This allows you to evaluate and possibly improve your site’s presence in Google’s search results. You do not have to sign up for the tool to be included in Google’s search results. If you do, however, you can gain insight into how Google sees your site. Also, you can improve the performance of your website using this tool. We explain this further in our SEO course.
Among other things, Google Search Console provides tools and reports regarding the following actions:
- Confirmation from Google that your site can be found and crawled.
- Resolve indexing issues and request new indexing for new or updated content.
- Display traffic data from Google Search for your site: how often your site is displayed on Google search, what searches your site is displayed for, how often users click through for those searches and more.
- Receive notifications when Google encounters indexing problems, spam or other issues on your site.
- Review which sites link to your website.
- Fix problems with AMP, mobile usability and other search features.
Google Search Console and SEO
Google Search Console allows you (as someone focused on online marketing) to track your website traffic, optimize your position and make informed decisions about how your site appears in search results within Google. You can use the information from the tool to make technical decisions for the website and perform advanced marketing analysis in conjunction with other Google tools, such as Analytics, Trends and Ads. In short, it is a tool that can be used for the benefit of your SEO.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Google Search Console?
With Google Search Console, you get more insight into your website’s presence in search results, which sites are linking to your website and various other technical issues. That way you can see where you can improve your site. A very useful service from Google that is also free.
What is the impact of Google Search Console on SEO?
The information provided by Google Search Console can in turn be used to improve your site. These improvements will in turn benefit your SEO. It will lead to better ranking and generate more traffic to your site.